- Why does it matter so much what others say and think about you?
- Why do you waste energy defending yourself from criticism, judgment or convincing others of your opinion?
Really. Ask yourself this question and listen. Listen in breath and silence. Be willing to truly listen to your heart for the answer.
You will begin to hear an old child’s voice.
The Little Orphan in you will peek her head from the depths of your psyche.
Invite her to speak.
She will show you her broken heart.
Do not judge her.
She will show you her abandonment.
Stay with her.
She will show you the baggage of judgments, rejections and invalidation she has been carrying around.
Ask her to show you her the memories.
But listen like a good mother would.
Do not sink you identity into that hunger.
The more you listen with compassionate detachment, without BECOMING the orphan, the more you can heal her utter abandonment.
The more present you are for her, the more she will reveal how she fears that she is not good enough to be loved, how she anticipates rejection at every turn… and how she hungers for love, acceptance and approval.
And then…. what do you do?
How can you help that Little Orphan in you; that old, old child who carries the wound inflicted by the absence of unconditional love.
The answer is inside the question.
You give her your unconditional love and acceptance.
You don’t judge her.
You don’t wait for others to fill her hunger, to approve or accept her.
You fill her hunger with love and attention.
You accept her unconditionally ~accept yourself just as you are here and now, without judgment.
You approve of her ~approve of yourself, and embrace the spiritual truth that you are perfect for your purpose right now.
Give her attention, but do not sink into her hunger. Do not BECOME the orphan; for when you do, you live that child alone. There is no mother to heal her.
Rise as a Warrior Mother to heal your Inner Child.
Embrace that hunger and fill it with your own unconditional love and acceptance for her, for yourself.
- Get in the habit of praising, recognizing and celebrating yourself.
- Celebrate your accomplishments ~small or large.
- But above all, celebrate your BEING. Celebrate who you are. Celebrate your Essence, the gift you bring to the world by your Presence, without having to do anything.
- Get also in the daily habit of listening to yourself and giving yourself what you need. Stop neglecting yourself. Rest when you are tired. Eat when you are hungry. Comfort yourself when you are sad. Seek support when you need it. Connect to Divine Council when you are weary.
Be present to yourself.
As you do these things, you will begin to notice that you are no longer identifying with what others say about you.
You will notice that people’s criticism no longer feels as an attack. You may actually feel curious to examine it to see if you can learn anything from it.
And you may notice that others’ opinions no longer weigh on you, that the only authority you consult before making a choice is your heart.