Life is accelerating vertiginously. Noise and stress are increasing exponentially. There is less time and more tasks to do in that time each day.
The duhikis we get to make our life easier make it much more complicated and eat a good chunk of our time.
The result is that you have less time to “chill out” and less time for yourself, which increases your stress level.
What can you do?
Create Wells of Wellness.
These are small pockets of time reserved to do what you need in order to increase peace, harmony, rest, balance, joy, health and wellness.
We have a tendency to go “all or nothing” in our needs. But that is sometimes a way to sabotage ourselves. We keep waiting until we have one whole day, the money to go to the spa, can arrange for babysitting and coordinate a day out, and on and on… and our frustration and stress grows while we neglect ourselves waiting for that perfect moment which does not come.
- You may not be able to take a week day off to take off the mounting stress; but you can take an hour to stroll among the trees or along the waters. Moving along a water way renews women’s energies. Walking among trees has a centering, calming and healing effect.
- You may not have half a day for a spa treat, so you keep waiting and are neglecting yourself. Why not take an hour at the end of a day, prepare a warm herbal bathtub with relaxing oils or herbs, such as lavender, add some candles and music in the bathroom… and have your spa! You’ll be amazed at the difference this makes.
- You may not have the time to go to your drumming class this week. But you can take out the drum and beat some joyful rhythm into it for 20 minutes. You’ll feel as good as new. (Substitute “drum” for whatever your favorite instrument is.)
- You miss the days when you could go out to dance with your girlfriends. Well, if you love to dance, you can put on some music and dance for 30 minutes. It makes a great difference to your mood and your health!
- You may not be able to have a dinner date or go out to dinner with your friends during the weekday, but you can prepare a romantic setting for your dinner, add some music and relax as you eat your favorite meal.
- You may not be able to go out today, and you are feeling weary and worried. If you could only go to your favorite nature spot! Well, the sky is there, waiting. Do you have a window? Seat in your rocking chair with a favorite drink and look through the window at the sky until your mind empties.
- You can always lay down, close your eyes, enter silence and listen to your Soul.
These Wells of Wellness are easy to create and take no more than an hour each. Do one or two a day. You will feel the difference!