The real tragedy of Drama Queens
By Maria Mar(c)
When you are trapped in your habitual Soap Opera Dramas, you are self-involved to the point that you miss sight of three vital things: your surroundings, other people and your goals. Here is the real tragedy of the Drama Queen.
1. She wastes precious emotional fuel going around in circles.
2. She wastes time and resources going around in circles.
3. She alienates allies, healthy peers and healthy partners with her self-involved, ineffective and habitual dysfunctional scripts.
4. She leaks prosperity, loses clients and wastes money.
5. She adopts the pose of an ineffective, disorganized and unprofessional woman.
6. She fails to see how she is creating stress in those around her.
7. She misrepresents her business or capacity and creates situations where she will not be promoted or hired.
8. She dumps her toxic drama on her loved ones and creates terrible stress on her family, especially her partner and children.
9. She repels her children and partner, who need to move away from her in order to grow and function healthily.
10. She uses her drama to manipulate others, as an ineffective attempt to control the situation and to beg for attention.
11. She uses her power to sabotage her dream as she runs hysterically on the same spot, until she digs her own grave.
12. Because she creates high levels of stress that lead to hypertension, heart attack, muscle spasms, anxiety attacks, stomach trouble, ulcers, brain tumors, cancer, strokes and more. Make your choice.
Would you rather be a Drama Queen or act as the genuine, powerful Queen of your own life and Dream?
If you choose to be the real queen, here is one quick, easy way to stop your Drama before it catches momentum.
The minute you see yourself spinning into your Drama, say out loud to yourself: “STOP!”
Then breathe deeply and slowly. As you exhale, say firmly and clearly, without drama: “There is no drama. I am clear and there is no problem.”
As soon as you regain your center, become aware of how you have lost your compass.
- See how you are affecting those around you,
- See how you have deviated from your goal, and
- See how you are creating chaos or anxiety in your situation.
Now proceed to calmly re-focus on your goal or the solution of the problem, sustaining a centered, calming mood and consciously spreading it around.
Let’s say that your usual drama is losing the car keys before going out.You enter a frenzy and send everyone spinning for the keys, just to find them 20 minutes later where you have left them misplaced the night before.
The minute you see yourself spinning that drama, say “STOP” to yourself, energetically and firmly (without involving others in the drama).
Then breathe deeply and slowly. As you exhale, say to yourself: “There is no drama. I am clear and there is no problem.”
Observe how you have lost your compass: Perhaps your family is already tense at the prospect of yet another crazy moment before going out and the anticipation of being late to their appointments. Perhaps by getting into this anxiety rollercoaster, you are neglecting to check that you have what you need for today’s presentation, so that you will sabotage yourself getting there late and unprepared. Perhaps you are creating chaos and stress in your daily life by all these little dramas. RELEASE that choice and embrace Inner Peace.
Now proceed to calmly retrace your steps the last time you place your keys when you got home.
I hope this helps you!
Stop by and leave your comments as things begin to change and you occupy the throne of your true queendom!
Maria Mar(c) You can use this quote as long as you include my name and copyright mark and the paragraph below:
Maria Mar is the Dream Alchemist, an inspirational poet, speaker, coach, author and spiritual teacher who helps women create the life of their dreams. Visit her at: Catch the Dream Express at http://www.catchthedreamexpress.com!