The magic of art is multi-dimensional. For centuries and in every culture, shamans, healers and alchemists have used art as one of the main processes for transformation.
Art allows something that is invisible or abstract to become visible and tangible. It is therefore the bridge to bring something into the time/space continuum that defines our reality.
Whether you are writing a poem or a story, drawing or painting, singing, playing an instrument, acting or dancing, know the elements that imbue the process of creating art (in any medium) with transmutation power:
- Intention: Comes from the heart, unlike will power that comes from the mind. Tap into the true desire of your heart as clearly as possible and let it spread with joy and gratitude as you create the piece.
- Emotion: Love-based emotions expand. They allow you to nurture the transmutation, to enhance what is and attract the best possibilities. Fear-based emotions constrict. They need to be transmuted or they’ll hold old patterns in place. They lock things in place and close you off from the environment, creating separation. Strong emotions imbue the object and the process with electromagnetic power.
- Concentration: Your mind must be centered and focused on the intention and open to the revelations and transformations in the process. Distraction weakens the process and the power of the transmutation.
- Receptivity: An open heart and an open mind ALLOW the flow, the images, memories, revelations and insights and the surprising twists that create the Transition. Be receptive and listen to the energies and guidance, the revelations and clues and the presence of the sacred in nature and in your environment as you create.
- An open heart: Receiving, loving, appreciating and celebrating the beauty of what is taking place imbues the process and the object with magic.
- The Transition: If you are doing transmutation or transformation, at some point the storyline changes. This is The Transition. This is the transmutation moment when one thing becomes another. The old pattern or perception flips and the new emerges. Be on the outlook. Seize and feed The Transition. Don’t try to control it. Ride it into the desired outcome. Trust it. It will get you there if you have set your intention right. If you let it flow, listening to spirit and receiving the miracle, the resulting outcome will be surprisingly better than what you even dared to hope for. It will first show up as a different state, emotion or perception. Let it flourish. It will become a different universe and a different way of living.