Your Female Power Belt
This is an ARTchemy(tm) recipe for a power object that can be a belt or other (see suggestions) that gathers and asserts the gifts you bring to a new situation. It is based on an old power belt I heard about called The Maiden Power Belt which the young woman marrying would create in order to be clear about and express what she was bringing into the marriage.
The Female Power Belt can be used for these situations:
- Entering marriage
- New position or job
- New Partnership
- Business Start-up
It can also be other objects, such as:
Here’s the recipe:
- Step 1: Make a list of the gifts, talents, skills, experiences, inner strengths and inner qualities that you bring to the new situation. Describe each item until you polish it in a way that you really feel it and it’s expressed with clarity and power in one sentence. Make it something that you will remember.
- Step 2:Draw a symbol or choose a small object to represent each quality. If you are using symbols, draw them in cardboard and paint them. Cut them out and perhaps you want to protect them with a varnish.
- Example of symbols: spiral, heart, butterfly, rainbow, etc.
- Example of objects: feather, bead, charm, gem, fossil, small bell, photo
- Step 3: If you are using a belt or necklace, make holes along the bottom edge and hang each object or symbol.
- Step 4: If you can, invite witnesses and select a person who is important in your life, such as a mentor, to bestow the belt in a ceremony. Otherwise, you may want to do it in front of a mirror.
- Step 5: If you do the ceremony with others and you have someone give you the belt, the person should have a list of the gift for each symbol and describe it. Then you put on the belt and again describe the quality represented in each object, saying after each description. “I wear it. I own it. I bring it. I AM it.
This is the spirit for the creation of the belt:
- Have fun and enjoy the process.
- Make it beautiful so that when you look at it, you immediately feel your value.
- But don’t stress out or get too perfectionist.
That’s it. Enjoy it. and leave your comments to let me know how it went.
ARTchemy(tm)is a trademark of Maria Mar. It is Arts & Crafts as alchemy for transformation, manifestation and transmutation.
Subscribe to my monthly ARTchemy newsletter to get ARTchemy recipes delivered to your email.
If you want me to help you in a ceremony for this, I have customized ceremonial services.