In this post you will discover why your actions are ineffective and how to harmonize the two types of actions you need to create powerful, effective, focused actions that bridge the distance between you and your dreams.
The teaching in this post is a key teaching in my process. I also teach it, hands-on, in the Shapeshift into your Dream Shamanic Journey Series.
Most of us have been taught that in order to “make it happen” we need to take action. And this is true.
But what few people know is that there are two types of actions:
- Internal Actions: These are as the term indicates, internal actions ~ processes, emotions, thoughts, intentions and energy flows that affect the energy patterns, frequency and electromagnetic field you emit, thus attracting similar energies and repelling dissonant energies. Internal Actions are in the realm of your Sacred Feminine, your Shakti energy; your emotional, soulful and creative aspects and your right brain hemisphere.
Examples of Internal Actions: release attachments, let go of outcome, allow, receive, change your vibrational frequency, clear your intention, channel or transmute emotions, forgive, accept, coherence, detach from false identity or beliefs.
- External Actions: These are what we usually call actions; behaviors we do to affect our external circumstances. Your External Actions are in the realm of your Sacred Masculine, your Shiva energy, your logical, spiritual and building aspects and your left brain hemisphere.
- Examples of External Actions: write a book, go for a job interview, make a call, have a conversation, ask for forgiveness, do things differently, write down goals, cultivate new relationships, create a product, learn a new skill, do tasks to complete a project.
When we want to manifest something, we change our behavior or do things to change what is happening and bring ourselves closer to our goals. Basically, we have been trained in trying to “make it happen” through doing External Actions.
And this is great. External Actions are the oven that cooks our manifestation. They are the transportation that takes us where we want to go.
The problem is that Internal Actions override External Actions and if your Internal Actions are going the opposite way to your External Actions, you are going nowhere. In this case, I call your External Actions shallow. They are gutted. They lack fuel.
In effect, if the Internal Actions taking place inside you are opposing your conscious goal and External Actions, you are going to sabotage that goal and your External Action is going to have no effect or an opposite effect.
- Internal Actions are the substance of External Actions. Emotions, for example, are the fuel of the Law of Attraction. They are electromagnetic waves of intentional energy that attract or repel energies in the universe. If you want to start a business, but you are afraid to take risks, that fear may very well be an Internal Action causing other Internal Actions ~like resistance and doubt~ that attract a matching frequency and you will have a very difficult start-up.
- Most Internal Actions take place subconsciously and the subconscious governs 95% to 98% of your responses to life. It’s hard to change what you don’t see, and most Internal Actions are invisible and hidden from your conscious mind. Here you are with a goal to heal and you are subconsciously is running a song singing: “I am a sickly person. I’ve always been delicate of health.” These thoughts are Internal Actions,usually habitual ones, that attach your identity to being sick. The results? Being healthy would threaten your self-identity. Do you think your healing mantras can beat that?
- Internal Actions are usually patterned or embedded early on in life, when facing the world was a life or death situation, and they are embedded with that life-or-death intensity. Few things can beat that! So you want to raise your financial ceiling and are working hard to do it, but the belief embedded in your subconscious runs something like this: “If I make money, I am a bad person. I don’t deserve to make money. The universe will not give me money to do what I love. Money is denied as a punishment for being selfish.” Ouch! This money story running with life-or-death urgency in your whole being is an Internal Action so powerful that it actually takes you in the opposite direction to where you want to go.
When your Internal Actions are not coherent with your External Actions
I often say that working only with External Actions alone, disregarding your Internal Actions, is like:
- Trying to make bread without dough. There’s no substance to mold or cook!
- Steering the driving wheel and pushing the pedal in your car while it seats there, with no gas. You are going nowhere!
The incoherence between Internal and External Actions is the reason many of us procrastinate, do busy nothings that gets us nowhere or take ineffective actions.
The most important work you can do in your personal and business development is to detect, clear and focus your Internal Actions and then harmonize them with your External Actions.
Then you will generate what I call Alchemical Actions: actions that work like magic to manifest what you want.
If this resonates with you, register for my shamanic journey series, Shapeshift into your Dream to learn how to do it.