Need a change? Create an Act of Power
It’s 2014 and if an alien looks down on earth she may not understand why we are called Human Beings. It seems we are more Human Doings than anything else! So much action and activity, so much busyness!
Yet, for all our doing, we are often ineffective in our enterprises because we do not distinguish between an action and an Act of Power.
An Act of Power is a shamanic term for a process that allows you to transform your life, implement the changes you want or manifest what you desire. This process incorporates both, Internal Actions and External Actions. For this reason, its effects are radical, long lasting and alchemical.
An Act of Power is made of smaller units, called Tasks of Powers.
Here’s an example of how it works. It is based on a year in which I dedicated the entire year to one Act of Power: Loving and accepting myself unconditionally.
Act of Power:
Strengthening my self-love and to love and accept myself unconditionally, without judgment.
This year (New Year’s Resolution)
Tasks of Power:
- Affirmation Practice: Every morning and evening I will affirm the following:
I love and accept myself unconditionally, without judgment, just as I am right now. I am perfect for my purpose just as I am right now.
- Shifting Practice: At any time in which I catch myself judging myself mentally or labeling myself out loud, as when I say “how stupid of me!” I will draw the prohibited sign on the air and then substitute this with the affirmation.
- Practice ho’oponopono daily to heal and appreciate each of my organs and inundate my being with gratitude and love for who I am.
- Self-compassion and appreciation: I will see myself with appreciation, seeing my kindness, that I am doing my very best and appreciating my growth. I will embrace myself in the energy of deep compassion.
- I will prioritize my needs, desires and satisfaction, asking myself in every choice what I really want, what makes me happy and what fulfills my needs.
Results: In that one year I deepen my self-love to such a strong frequency level that I was no longer judging or doubting myself, and it’s been like that since.
- What Act of Power could you perform now, in the next 3-12 months?
- Clearly describe and declare the transformation you will create. That’s your Act of Power.
- Specify 3 External Actions and 2-3 Internal Actions that you will engage in order to create this Act of Power.