Do you live in constant battle with your body?
Do you feel that you are not that beautiful, young, sexy, etc.
Does that hold you back from embodying your Goddess and expressing your unique gifts in the world in all your radiance, grace and power?
Then remember this knowledge from the Sacred Feminine School of wisdom that you’ve known all along in your heart.
- Your body is NOT about your appearance. It is about your experience of life.
- Your beauty is about irradiating your Unique Essence, not about being thin or looking like anyone else.
- Your body is the temple of your Soul and the vehicle for your presence to bless and change the world.
And what’s that rubbish about trying to be sexy?
Being sexual is about being joyful in your body, about experiencing the pleasure and the passion of your own body and soul. It is freeing the Goddess within you and dancing your passion in every movement and moment, not only in bed and not only for others.
It is normal to want to look good. It is creative to express yourself in colors, textures and to desire to look your best. But when your whole relationship with your body is to look at it as an appearance and worry about what others will say, then you are alienated from your BodySoul and from the unique experience of life your Soul enjoys. You are reduced to a voyeur of yourself. You are seeing yourself with other people’s eyes and your own experience and perception have been stolen.”
During the establishment of patriarchy long ago a woman’s body became part of the political territory to conquer. It was the way to secure a man’s property through his male heirs.
From then on, our body was sequestered and turned into our worse enemy. We were trained to see our bodies from the outside, as a commodity for others.
Inhabiting your body is reclaiming the experience of your body for your own well-being, pleasure and power. When you inhabit your body, the magic begins:
- You are in intimate contact with your Personal Truth. Your truth is in your body.
- You get direct instructions from your BodySoul, your Personal Compass to find your true way and follow your heart’s wisdom to your purpose and potential, and
- You live in the present and enjoy your presence, instead of living in the past or future, missing your own presence from your life.
- You easily, gracefully and powerfully express your gifts and focus on your power and passion, instead of wasting time trying to fix your appearance when you are already perfect for your purpose!
Let me confess something that happened to me for several years as I was aging. I was at the time focusing on starting up my business and was minimizing my socialization. I was not dating or searching for a date. I slowly got out of touch with my sensuality and had an amazing wake up call.
The way it happened was that I realized how important video is to promote one’s business, so I bought a webcam, learned how to use a video editing tool and began to do my first videos.
And when I saw them I was shocked…twice.
First I was shocked by the realization of how sensual I am.
“I knew that!” someone in me said. After all my friends are always commenting on it.)
But I had forgotten.
The next thought I had freaked me out!
“But I’m too old for that!”
In the years that I was out of the game I was also going through my Wise Woman Initiation. Somehow I had begin to assimilate a self-image of myself that was disbelieving my sensuality, gracefulness and other essential qualities of my being that are expressed physically.
It took this confrontation with my physical self to make me aware both of my beauty, sensuality and grace and of the fact that I had forgotten and was disowning these qualities.
What qualities of your being are you forgetting and NOT expressing or owning because you are censoring, neglecting or out of touch with your beautiful BodySoul?
Read more about this in this article: http://mariamar.com/2013/03/
Share your experience with the issues of body, beauty, sexuality and body image and how they’ve affected you as a woman.