If you are committed to finding your soulmate this year, I have a recommendation. Before you send a call to arms to all your friends announcing that you are seeking to meet available men, spend some months Romancing Life.
What do I mean by that?
There was a period in my life where I engaged in the terrible practice of Kissing Frogs.
This is my name for something women often do. We project our magic, majesty and mojo onto little men who cannot handle or understand our greatness. We dress them up with kingly attire and pour onto them the magic that is ours.
We fall in love with a frog that we have turned into a Prince. Then one day, shazam! The frog escapes our spell and we are faced with a frog in our bed.
- What magic do you bring to an encounter?
- What magic do you need in life?
- What are you passionate about?
- What awakens your sensuality?
- What makes you laugh?
- What fills your heart?
- What brings you delight each day?
- What are you grateful for?
Wake yourself back to the aliveness and wonder you had as a child. Enjoy the adventure of life. Do things that make you happy. For some reason, women tend to deny ourselves the things that make us happy. As long as you are doing this, you will also:
- Attract men who won’t make you happy
- Allow your man to transgress boundaries, take you for granted, make you invisible, etc.
- Lose yourself in him
- Not receive his love
- Resent and blame him for all of the above, and
- Still you won’t do things that make you happy!
The way I healed my Kissing Frog malady was simple, though not easy because it demanded that I change the way I lived to match the way I create as a poet and artist.
Once I owned my magic and my mojo, I did not have to project it onto a man. I knew I was Queen! Now I was ready to attract my Knight in shining armor… without making him up or depending on him for my own happiness!
This is an excerpt from an article I wrote for our Butterfly You! Magazine.
Read the full article at the “Be your Own Valentine Issue (No. 3).