So here you are, full of dreams, with great goals and feeling like the dog trying to bite its tail. What’s going on?
You are here, but you want to be there.
You are in the messy place; in that in-between world where part of you longs for your dream so badly and part of you resists it equally furiously. One step forward and two steps back. One leap, and then you hold back. It’s driving you crazy!
Then you begin to doubt.
- “If I were a good business person, I’d be rich by now.”
- “If I were really a good artist, I’d be invited to show my work in X gallery by now.”
- “If I were really an expert, I’d have my act together by now.”
- “If I were really a good writer, I’d be published by now.”
- “If I were really lovable, I’d have a partner by now.”
And so on.
Now “here” becomes a lesser place, the wrong place to be. Here becomes a proof of failure.
You resist being where you are and push yourself forward, but in doing so you are judging yourself. You are rejecting yourself. You are punishing yourself. Therefore, you are sabotaging yourself and your worth.
But you are doing something else.
You are confusing where you are at with who you are.
Now I’m going to say something that may sound outrageous to you, but trust me just a little to fly with me this once:
- The fact that you are not rich now does not mean that you are not a prosperous person.
- The fact that you are not famous now does not mean that you are not a notable person.
- The fact that you are not perfect now does not mean that you are not an expert in your field.
- The fact that you are not published now does not mean that you are nor a good writer with a great message to your audience.
- The fact that you don’t have a lover now does not mean that you are not a lovable person.
Your circumstances can change overnight. But circumstances do not define you.
Only your internal growth ~the value you feel within yourself, the choices you make each day and the courage to release your limitations~ can make you the Master Artist of your Life Masterpiece.
Need help with this? Book a ceremonial session or shamanic journey with me.
Get sustained support in your journey from Caterpillar Self to Butterfly Self. Join my Tribe!
Read an extended post for a story that illustrates this knowledge.