This is part 2 of the
Use Your Gifts Towards a Higher Calling Series
Banging your head against the wall
…that you’re building
Now that I knew that she wanted to help women to become their dream through her songs, I asked my new friend:
“So what’s stopping you?”
“I have lots of poems that can do this transformation for people. I sing other people’s lyrics. But I can’t hear the music in my own poems.”
I find this a recurring theme in women.
- A dancer cannot see herself as a choreographer, and therefore depends on others to direct her.
- An actress does not see herself as a director and therefore depends on others to direct her.
- A singer cannot sing her own poems, and therefore cannot sing her own creations and depends on others to create the music for her.
- A healer does not see herself as a business woman, so she depends on others to market, package, sell and present her healing services.
It is hard for these powerful, capable, modern women to realize that this is part of the centuries-old gender oppression.
It is even harder for them to realize that the problem they think they have is NOT the core problem at all.
If it were, it was easily solved. Here are two easy solutions:
- Acquire the missing skills through further training.
- Employ a choreographer, director, musician, or business manager.
I can see your head shaking. That won’t do, right?
You are banging your head against the WALL.
The WALL is the perceived obstacle.
What is the real problem that prevents you from gathering your gifts and focusing them on the purpose, mission or transformation you want to bring to the world?
It’s not the wall. I can almost guarantee it.
I know that if you are like my new friend, like thousands of women I’ve met, even like me 10 years ago… you really, truly, deeply believe that you CANNOT direct, musicalize, choreograph or market yourself. There’s something missing in you that prevents you from fulfilling your purpose with your gifts… and that for you is the WALL.
I honor you and I’m not disrespecting or disregarding your self-perception when I assure you that you CAN do these things that you believe you can’t do. I know this because I’ve done many things that I believed were impossible for me to do and I help women do this daily.
So please listen with an open heart, even though your head may still be shaking.
- Why can you not knock the wall off?
- Why is that obstacle stopping you?
- Thousands of other people have the same obstacle and find a solution.
- Why can’t you knock the wall off or build a door through it or whatever?
- You are as intelligent as capable as the others who have found a way. So why haven’t you?
The Core problem is not what you see as the obstacle.
It’s never outside. It’s never a circumstance.
It is inside. It is a mindset. It is a belief.
You are still giving away your power!
Yes, I know. It’s the 21st century. But sorry, sister, you are STILL giving your power away.
When I told you of the simple solutions, did your mind go something like this?
- I can’t acquire that training! I don’t have the time.
- I can’t employ this people. I don’t have the money.
It may be so subtle and hidden that you can’t see it. But subtle or not, it’s devouring your dream and your potential.
If you want to do something, and you ask…
“How do I do this?
… the universe immediately responds with opportunities, allies, ideas and resources. That’s how this new friend found me in the party!
But then to each idea, you apply your attachment to lack and insufficiency, and say:
- “I can’t.”
- “I don’t have what it takes (time, money, skill, etc.)”
When you tell yourself these things, you are using your circumstances and limitations as a wall. You are allowing them to:
- Define who you are,
- Imprison you in lack and limits and
- PREVENT you from embodying your purpose.
YOU are building the wall!
You are doing it by layering a simple challenge with old learned limitations, beliefs and your wounded self-perception. The answer to your question was given. The opportunity has been presented. But you are piling bricks of “I can’t” and laying an old story over the opportunity, until you transform the bridge that the universe has provided into a wall.
See my free Dream Crossover Video Course to find out the 12 Purpose Poachers that are killing your purpose and the Purpose Makeovers you need.
To get step-by-step ceremonial guidance to do it, enroll in my Dream Crossover MasterSoul Group.